Via its Rural Knowledge Hub, the RAU is well placed to provide a unique and collaborative contribution to the strategic insight needed to deal with the policy challenges currently facing Government and Industry. The objective is to use the hubs ‘thought leadership’ position to assist UK agriculture in meeting future problems and recognising opportunities, acting as a bridge between Science, Practice and Policy.
The RAU specialises in the following key interrelated areas:
- Land Management
- Rural policy
- The application of emerging Agritech
- Agribusiness & Rural Enterprise
- Agri-food supply chain
- Agricultural ecology
- Agri-food policy
The policy initiatives included in this programme are:
- Annual Policy Summits: Using open innovation principles and methodologies, these summits look at cross-cutting themes and the delivery mechanism of translating policy in practice.
- Bi-monthly Leader Insight sessions: We facilitate high-level strategic Knowledge Exchange, running open and closed sessions for sector leaders to meet. These stimulating and sector-themed insights will inform both upstream into thought leadership activity and directly downstream into professional training, innovation support and enterprise acceleration.
- Policy Support Service: In addition to the above, the RAU offers a policy development and brokerage service, using an independent consultancy service delivering specific projects in collaboration with others.